Thursday, February 3, 2011

Introduction!

 Hi! You might be from my education class, or you may have stumbled upon this blog, but either way, I'm sure you're wondering who I am. My name is Gwyn.  I'm a freshman attending IUPUI, studying Elementary Education. This blog is the result of a technology class I'm taking to prepare me to use technology in the classroom. I think it's important to be up-to-date on technology from an education standpoint because it provides new and innovate ways for students to learn, not to mention it being very fun. Some things you might be interested in knowing about me personally are:
-I love reading, especially fantasy and mystery novels. One of the things I look forward to in my teaching career is sharing a love of books with my students.
- I have a cat named Merlin. He's in my user profile picture with me. He's very silly, and enjoys tuna, showing off, and cat naps.
-I love art! I enjoy art history, especially the Middle Ages and the Renaissance. I create ceramic and jewelry pieces. Throwing pottery is possibly my favorite way to create art.
-I enjoy learning about different cultures and languages. My passion is Japanese, which I'm in the process of learning. こにいちわ みなさん!(That means Hello everyone!)


As I said above, this blog is a part of a class I'm taking. I had fun setting up the blog- I enjoy setting up layouts on websites. I've had some past experience on this as I've used www.freewebs.com to create websites for class projects while in high school. I love that technology gives unlimited ways to be creative and original. I hope that other students played around in the template designer tool- one tip I can offer is to change your background by selecting the background tab, rather than using a plain, ready-made template. You can pick from dozens of beautiful images, or upload one from your computer. I loved the image of the Arc de Triomphe (an amazing monument in Paris), so I chose it. I might change it again in the future- it's fun to mix up the look of the blog. I found the creation of this blog to be easy, thanks to the Google account link-up. A suggestion to other students would be to make a Google account specifically for your blog- this makes keeping track of the blog very easy and can keep other email addresses private. My last comment and tip to share is to not be afraid to explore the website. Blogger is very-user friendly, and has a lot of different ways to share and follow information. Some pages I would recommend reading are: The "Getting Started" articles Comment Inbox information, and Using The Blogger Reading List (so as a class we can keep track of each other's blogs easily). I can't wait to read everyone Else's posts! Happy blogging. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment